I’ve always really liked this Fringe episode - it’s got a little of everything in it. Good mystery, plenty of Walterisms, fun with science, Charlie!, series foreshadowing, and plenty of bad-ass Olivia. Let’s dive right in then, shall we?
- AMBER - let’s all remember what we learned in Jurassic Park
- John Scott’s funeral. Sad Olivia makes me sad.
- Olivia: ”[John] told me he loved me.” Charlie: ”I wasn’t gonna tell you this… but he told me he loved me too.”
- Kirk Acevedo -> I’ve loved you in everything you’ve acted in, but you will always be Charlie to me. <3
Peter and his nefarious past - not really explored, but I’m okay with it. Either way, we get to see his angry side.
- Stigmata! Oh wait, that’s a movie. If I were “Roy’s” co-worker I would be hella freaked out at the sketchy drawings
- Peter (in reference to Astrid): ”That is the 100th time you have forgotten her name.”
^I didn’t make that, but I love whomever did.
- Olivia shows off her photographic memory like a boss.
- Fun fact! Walter is playing music on the piano that is used as underscore music that is generally used to represent Olivia, as Olivia walks into the lab.
- Lol Peter states without a doubt that “Roy” isn’t lying and that he knows this because of his poker skills. For some reason (maybe because it’s only episode 3) Broyles accepts this completely.
- A Broyles v. Olivia face-off - we’ll call this one a stalemate.
- This dude’s face is about to explode in the MRI - I think I saw this in an episode of House once…
Let’s learn about science with Walter!
- Ahh witty banter and innocent flirty between Polivia.
- Olivia’s response to some lost Harvard freshmen has always been one of my favorite jokes of the show…
- Astrid translates like the badass she is
Olivia is pissed and takes it out on some morgue doors
- For some reason I was thinking this was the episode with the tracking pigeons, but it is at this point that I realize that I’m 2 episodes early.
- Run, Olivia, Run! THIS IS WHY SHE WEARS SENSIBLE SHOES UNLIKE EVERY OTHER FEMALE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENT ON TELEVISION
- Broyles: ”Do you ever smile, Dunham?”
Yes, but you have to work at it :)
- Peter plays “Someone to Watch Over Me” for Olivia and it’s wonderful and glorious and beautiful, and I think I became a Polivia shipper for life in this episode.
BOOM. Onto episode 4.