Things I love about this episode: Everything.
- Btw - In case you missed Episode 1.10, Jones teleported himself out of prison all the way from Germany to Boston. It was pretty cool. He also had to wear lots of sunscreen (they left that part out of the recap)
- [Deleted scene] German authorities come to visit Olivia
- Walter built a time machine… but it didn’t work… he did build a teleporter instead though, so that’s pretty neat.
I’d be a little skeptical if people were handing me things whilst wearing medical gloves… although maybe it’s because I watch too much TV
- While not one of their grosser deaths, this freak-of-the-week is a pretty horrible way to go
- I think this is the last we see of Mitchell Loeb. He’s still slightly creepy and still has really nice blue eyes.
- Olivia needs a weird connection. Casual flirting ensues.
Poor Astrid. She always gets the “fun” jobs.
- Our first introduction to Markham. You weird, creepy man.
- Olivia and her bamf-ness. It gets me every time.
When I said I loved everything about this episode, my mind had blocked out Sanford Harris. Oh well. At least Jones breaks his ridiculously expensive watch later. Or maybe it’s like GOB and his suits from Arrested Development http://youtu.be/siRWRFWLtCs
Harris: ”This isn’t a Gentlemen’s club, Agent Dunham. Jones doesn’t just get to choose the pretty ones.”
- FBI raid here we come
- Charlie - if you find a drawing labeled “Olivia Dunham,” don’t turn to Olivia and ask her “What is it?” That makes you look silly.
Is it wrong that I really want Jones to punch Harris in the face? I know Jones is supposed to be a really really bad dude, but I really really hate Sanford Harris.
- The random FBI agent that had two lines earlier in the episode might as well have been wearing a red shirt and tie.
- Olivia’s emergency tracheotomy skills are impressive. Too bad her plan didn’t work.
Where are you going?
I forgot to mention that Walter’s food of the episode today is “coffee cake,” which makes me really want some.
- As Walter reads about the alternate universe out of the ZFT, I feel that this would’ve been a good time to come clean with certain things. Maybe not the whole story, but just a simple - “oh yeah, this is actually real and might be important.”
- "Test 1… of 10, by the way" - WHAT ARE THE OTHER NINE?
Olivia: ”So I’m supposed to turn these lights off just by looking at them? Fine.” Such a good team player.
- A brief Olivia x glasses moment
- Oh Nina with her many mysteries. SO MANY LIES IN THIS SCENE. Nina, you sly fox.
- Astrid does a whole lot of silent standing around in this episode. I feel bad for Jasika.
- Nice light box acting, Olivia.
Another light box. This time with bombs!
- Jones’ “Hello, you” to Olivia makes me crack up everytime.
- Also, “You are a rare commodity”
A lens flare - you shall be successful!
- I’ve always wondered with the amount of times they shoot a scene how long Anna Torv must’ve had to stare at that damn light box lol
- SO - was it solely Olivia? or was it Peter coming back? She was always more powerful when they were together
Peter: ”You were in the zone out there tonight. You stared down that lightbox like nothing I’ve ever seen before.” :)
- "You want to get a drink? Or five?" Yes, Olivia, you should go for drinks with Peter rather than talk to Jones.
- …oops not till much later
That bastard blew a hole in the hospital wall
- THE CODA TO THIS EPISODE FUCKING BLEW ME AWAY THE FIRST TIME. I mean, you know she had to have been administered Cortexiphan, but the way they deliver the information… mind blown. First Nina calls Olivia about cortexiphan
- THEN THE FUCKING TYPEWRITER. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh