Here we go, folks. In my opinion this is the episode that elevated Fringe from “OMG I love this new show so much” to “Fuck, this show is like the best thing on television.”
- Jones! Prepare yourself, you will be very ugly on this show from now on. I still can’t believe you’re Dumbledore’s son.
- Olivia tells Peter that the German authorities came to visit her last night - and if you watch the deleted scene, that’s what it is.
- FRINGE THEORY ALERT - Walter talks about his “Dis-Ray” device that was originally invented to TRAVEL THROUGH TIME. OMG, how had I forgotten this - do you think it will come back? Jones had still used the device in the new timeline…….. OMG What if it does??!?!
- Dearest newspaper dealer - you are about to become orifice-less.
^ They are orifice-less too - b/c those mouths are just paper. (I’m really tired - so the jokes will be worse than usual)
- Oh hey there, September. I remember this was the first episode I spotted him on my own. He wanted to see the $2 bill in action
- Mitchell Loeb - I think orange is your color
- Olivia tells Peter that she just called her contact in Germany to find out about ZFT - I guess Lucas did get that phone call from her after all…
- Polivia, you are adorable
- I love that Walter refers to the newspaper guy as “See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil”
- Everyone’s favorite skeevy book dealer - MARKHAM! He loved Olivia from the very beginning.
- Olivia is particularly sassy in this episode. ”I’m reading Advanced Forensic Science by Annemann. I keep it next to my gun.”
- "Peter says you’re good." "Well he also says you’re just a friend." Olivia, you are not fooling anyone - we also saw your smirk.
- Hey there Jones - you haven’t uglified yet. Good for you.
- FUCKING SANFORD HARRIS AGAIN
Let’s read a little of ZFT:
"The advances of science, which is supposed to expand our knowledge of the universe will, if not carefully controlled, destroy the world as we know it. Our technological ambitions have not only driven us to the brink of catastrophe…the catastrophe has already begun. What the apocalypse look like?…….Warfare"
That’s the show, folks.
- Dear exuberant junior agent - don’t touch that two-dollar - Shit, too late. Death.
OKAY I JUST STOPPED TO WATCH THE SNEAK PEEK TO THIS WEEK’S EPISODE AND AM CRYING FROM ITS PERFECTION.
…I’m back now.
- TEN POINTS TO SLYTHERIN for destroying Sandford Harris’ fucking watch.
- And now my favorite Olivia Dunham sassy comeback of the entire series:
Harris: ”Where are you going?”
- Walter has now asked for coffee cake 3 times - and now I want some too
- I love the cinematography of Walter reading ZFT while Olivia goes on her mission from Jones
- The (subtle) introduction of the alt-universe!
- Yay games!
WHAT ARE THE OTHER NINE TESTS????? I MUST KNOW!
- Olivia is in the zone. Charlie light-blocked her skills. Sadface
- Jones is so happy that Olivia read the ZFT manuscript.
- "I believe you’ve created some ridiculous scenario where people’s lives rely on me attempting and failing an impossible task." "The task is hardly impossible!"
Use the force, Olivia!
- "What is this place?" "It’s a freak show." Sounds about right…
- I think the characters on this show have an invisible, hyper-speed pipeline between NYC and Boston
- Funny things that Nina always says (
said) - Olivia: ”Do you know what this is?” Nina: ”Doesn’t sound familiar…. [1 min. later] Oh yes, I suddenly remember all about this…”
- DRJ - you are starting to look mighty icky.
AWESOME FRINGE MERCHANDISING IDEA - They should sell mini light box replicas with hidden switches so that we can pretend that we have cortexiphan…
- Jones’ “Hello, you” to Olivia is at once the funniest and creepiest thing ever.
- Olivia always refers to Jones as “Mr. Jones” - so proper
Peter’s all - let’s get the fuck out of here, and Olivia is all:
…I must dramatically take off my coat for cinematography reasons!
By the power of lens flare - I have the power!!
- "Wanna get a drink? Or five? I’ve seen you with a whiskey bottle." Heehee
- Astrid + Walter = Friendship OTP
Since Jones is the son of Dumbledore, and not Gandalf, Olivia is allowed to pass
- Just when you think the episode is over - WAIT! The writers have not one, but TWO, omg moments for you.